The largest of the Canary Islands, Tenerife, is a popular holiday spot. There’s a strong possibility you’ll be looking for Tenerife apartments to rent if you plan to spend your vacation there. Tenerife has twelve lovely locations in total, including Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Puerto de la Cruz, La Laguna, Los Gigantes, Puerto de Santiago, Callao Salvaje, Costa de Adeje, Playa de las Americas, Los Cristianos, Costa del Silencio, El Medano, and Playa del Duque. This makes it difficult to choose where to reserve your vacation rental apartments in Tenerife.
In this article, we’ll go over some of the reasons why La Laguna is a great place to rent an apartment in Tenerife if you’re into history.
Most beautiful Town
- The most beautiful town on Tenerife is La Laguna, which is located outside of Santa Cruz and is centred around the Old Town district, a historic area. Additionally, everyone is captivated by the stunning exteriors of the Baroque, Neoclassical, and Gothic buildings in La Laguna.
- Two of the town’s must-see locations are the Cathedral of La Laguna and the Church of Concepción. These structures have been recognised by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site because they have played such an important role in Tenerife’s history.
- The well-known building from the 17th century known as the House of the Captains General, or Casa de los Capaitanes in the local tongue, is another fascinating relic. This building was created especially for Captain Generals, who previously assisted in managing the old city. Stop over to take a look at a typical Canarian Island home; the courtyard and ground floor of this building, like many other historic buildings in La Laguna, are open to visitors.
- The Museum of History and Anthropology of Tenerife, located in Lercaro House on St. Augustine Street, is a fantastic resource for learning about the past of this wonderful island. With displays covering the island’s history from the 15th century to the present, this museum brings Tenerife’s heritage and history to life.
- The Lercaro home is regarded to be the most haunted in all of Tenerife, which makes it the most intriguing feature of the museum in addition to its abundance of knowledge. Lercaro’s daughter Catalina is thought to have drowned herself in the family treasury and passed away in anticipation of her union with an older wealthy man. According to the keepers of the museum, Catalina’s ghost has been frequently spotted wandering the house since the occurrence
- The Lercaro House features stunning architecture, especially its courtyard, which is a must-see aspect of this property, but aside from this one negative aspect.
- The town’s status as a model community has been strengthened by the removal of car traffic from the majority of its area. The town’s cobblestone lanes, which are lined with chic boutiques, understated bars, and secret souvenir shops that will seduce you with their lovely display windows, are bound to win you over.
- La Laguna has a sizable population of Gen Z due to the presence of a university campus; also, the town boasts a large number of bars and nightclubs that serve to the general public, further to the area’s alternative appeal.
- La Laguna is located in one of the better areas on the island because it is close to both Santa Cruz and the airport. However, as it is distant from the coast, there are no beach resorts. The best lodging options are in the city, where you can rent an apartment or stay in a home-stay.